RCC is pleased to announce this panel organized by Prof. Israel Rolon-Barada, from Lesley University.
Introduction by Prof. Roberta Johnson (University of Kansas/ UCLA)
- "From the Honeys of Success to the Bitterness of Forgetfulness. Raquel Meller Today" (Prof. Elena Gascon-Vera, Wellesley College)
- "Concha Piquer. The great Lady of Copla" (Prof. Silvia Bermúdez, University of California - Santa Bárbara)
- "I the Supreme. 'Lola from Spain'" (Prof. Irene Mizrahi, Boston College)
- “Sara Montiel: Icon, Legend and Myth in the Spanish Cultural Imagination” (Prof. Israel Rolón-Barada, Lesley University)
- "The Two Rocios: A Half Century of Transition in Music and Cutlure” (Prof. Lisa Nalbone, University of Central Florida)
- "From the Peineta to the Habit, or How to Improve the Image of the Folkloric Girl" (Prof. Jorge Pérez, University of Kansas)
- “Isabel Pantoja’s films as a nostalgic pastiche” (Prof. Luis Cuesta, University of Missouri)
Contact: Israel Rolon-Barada
You can download the program of the event.