Organized by the Institute for Ethics in Communication and Organizations (IECO) from the University of Valencia and the RCC at Harvard University, and supported by the Abigail Adams Institute, the purpose of the Colloquiums is to bring together leading scholars and practitioners to shed light on what it takes to promote a work place environment that brings out the best in people, creating not only trust, but also organizations that thrive.
Previous IECO-RCC International Colloquium were videotaped and are available at Harvard University’s You Tube Channel. The First one (2013) focused on “The role of ethics, values and dignity in building trust” ( See Harvard’s You Tube Channel). The Second Colloquium (2014) examined “The role of moral and spiritual motivation in building trust” (See Harvard’s You Tube Channel). The Third IECO-RCC International Colloquium (2015) focused on “Developing Trust and Ethically Healthy Organizations through Humanistic Management” (See Harvard’s You Tube Channel). Finally, last year, the Fourth Colloquium (2016) dealt with the topic of “Building Trust in Organizations through Meaningful work" (See Harvard’s You Tube Channel).
This year, we want to reflect on the question of education of future professionals and its challenges to recover trust in institutions, organizations and today’s leaders. We are concerned about educating millennials, and how this education may shape the future of our institutions. This issue was proposed last year as a topic of interest for this edition of our Colloquium.
* Danilo Petranovich, PhD, Abigail Adams Institute.
* Leon Goldman, MD, CBE Executive Fellow, Bentley University.
* Donna Hicks, PhD, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University.
* Rita Jácome, PhD, IECO-UV Chair of Business Ethics, University of Valencia.
* Kevin Majeres, MD, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University.
* Richard Weissbourd, PhD, Graduate School of Education, Harvard University.
Organizer: Manuel Guillén, PhD, Director of IECO Research Institute, University of Valencia.